Sunday, June 19, 2005

Leo Buscaglia & Waters That Dont Move

The most huggable lovable human being who ever lived on this earth. I have read several his books. He is a most interesting person. He was a college professors who taught classes on love. He passed away but the words he wrote live on and he is still doing what he did best--showing people how to love. I love to quote him. The qoute I have been thinking about recently is this one:

"Stop doing all the things you know you can do so well and try something new."

I get hung sometimes on what I can do well. I am sure that we all do, to some degree.
Living, though is about growing. There can be no growth if you just stay in the same pond. I think we all know what happens to waters that don't move. Well, if you don't just ask anyone who has seen pond scum...bleck!!
I just need to start moving again. Motly, because I want that for others, too. I know that can't even begin to inspire anyone else if I am not living life to its fullest. I have heard the old cliche that you have to do it for your self, but I am never truly happy unless I am serving someone else. Those are the moments I truly feel at peace. When I am helping others, I feel at one with the universe. I sleep, think, eat,speak, and even breathe better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home