Saturday, June 25, 2005

Yes, it is raining, but the sun is still shining

"I believe in the sun, even if it isn't shining.
I believe in love, even when I am alone.
I believe in God, even when he is silent."
WWII Refugee

These few words touch me so deeply. It so easy to believe in God when you are being blessed, but when you are entrenched in adversity--that is a beautiful thing.

A friend of mine was visiting New York for a week. She saw all the sights. After she came back she related her visit. I don't remember where she went or what she did, but I do remember this wonderful story of departure from New York. When she got on the plane it was raining. It was gloomy. Not a drop of sunshine. What a way to end her trip. As they ascended, they rose through the clouds until they were finally above them. Above those treacherous clouds was the bluest sky and the sun was still shining. Sooner or later, while it is raining both of these little reminders come to me. Yes, it is still raining, but I know the sun is still shining.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home